Do Yes Homebuyers come and value my property?
No, we never send out “sales reps” or our own staff to meet you at the property.
We use local estate agents instead, which ensures an independent, impartial valuation.
We value your home without needing to visit
We never send out “sales reps” or our own staff to meet you at your property.Because of the wealth of information available online, and because of the expertise and experience of local estate agents, our valuation process is over 99% accurate without ever having to come and visit your home.
Some home-buying companies do send sales reps (or "valuers") out to your home though.
If we can value properties quickly and accurately without sending our own team out, why do some home-buying companies spend fortunes paying expensive sales reps or "valuers" to travel the whole country visiting properties?
Beware of contracts
Usually, it's because they want you to sign a contract. This raises a couple of questions:
Why wouldn't they just send it through the post?
Well, it's easier for them to get a contract signed in person. They can explain things however they like, they can direct you past certain clauses they'd prefer you didn't know about, and they can rush the process to get you signed.
Sending through the post gives you more time to read what you're signing, and less of the glossy sales pitch around it.
What contract do they try and get you to sign?
Usually an "option agreement" (also referred to as a "purchase agreement"). This is a contract which gives them the right to buy your house, but not the obligation.
What does this mean?
You get the downside...
In a nutshell, it means:
- You get the downside of selling to a house-buying company (which is the lower price)...
- As well as the downside of selling through an estate agent (the stress, hassle, uncertainty, and long waits).
... And they get the upside
Meanwhile, the company gets the upside of both:
- They lock you in at a low price, then try and sell your home for its full value, and if they do they'll earn an enormous commission (which comes straight out of your pocket).
- And if they can't sell your home for the price they hoped then they lose nothing, and you're left back where you started.
There's no upside for you in signing one... Which comes back to the previous point... Their "valuer" is probably coming to your home to get you to sign the contract. Not to value your home, just to create a pressured environment where they can get you to sign.
Be very careful.
Yes Homebuyers never send our own team members to value your home:
- Part of the valuation is carried out using online resources
- And the other part is carried out by local estate agents (who are impartial and independent).
Furthermore, we'll never ask you to sign anything.
This is how home-buying companies should work.
If you're dealing with a company who's sending someone out to your home or asking you to sign something, get in touch. We can help you understand what you may be signing, and could save you a lot of grief.
There are 3 main steps:
- First we gather information from you about your home.
- Next we complete thorough online research using sophisticated valuation tools.
- Finally, we instruct two local estate agents to visit your home and give their feedback.
Once we have all the feedback we can make our offer. This usually all takes place within as little as a couple of days.
Once we've gathered all this information we spend time assessing it to establish our valuation. We can then determine our offer.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Selling your home to Yes Homebuyers
- We buy your home directly from you so you can sell your house fast and avoid waiting around to find a buyer on the regular market.
- You can get a "ballpark" offer from us within 5 minutes, a formal offer within 24 hours, and we can complete on the purchase of your home in as little as 2 weeks.
- Our quickest purchase was made within six days.
- We guarantee the price we will pay, unlike some buying platforms who reduce their offer shortly before completion.
- There are no fees or costs involved and we cover all legal fees involved.
- There are no contracts or tie-ins even if you accept an offer, and no viewings to take care of.
About Yes Homebuyers
We can purchase your home from you directly, giving you the easiest, fastest home sale possible.
Contact us for a free valuation and offer. We can buy your home in as little as 14 days.
Browse latest articles
Subscribe to get our team's latest insights & research instantly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time.