Gov.uk House Price Index shows a market starting to turn
We give market commentary when journalists or news outlets approach us directly for comment on specific topics. We share our commentary here too. See below.
Main takeaways from today’s House Price release: The average price of a property in the UK was £250,772. House prices are 8.9% higher today than they were a year ago. House prices have dropped 1.9% in the last month. House prices are 31.5% higher than they were in January 2015
Main takeaways from today’s House Price release:
- The average price of a property in the UK was £250,772
- House prices are 8.9% higher today than they were a year ago
- House prices have dropped 1.9% in the last month
- House prices are 31.5% higher than they were in January 2015
Insights & Analysis:
“Almost a full house of regional monthly house price declines in the wake of the original stamp duty holiday deadline gives a good indication of what awaits the market at the backend of this year. The market looks set to slow, and selling your home could get harder.
A correction is on the way and we can expect to see a weary market start to show signs of house price fatigue as early as next month, following the initial wind-down of the stamp duty holiday.”
IN THE NEWS
Browse coverage of this news piece
Our research, guides and commentary are picked up weekly by journalists at national and regional news outlets. See where this one has been covered so far.
A BIT ABOUT US...
Selling your home to Yes Homebuyers
- Yes Homebuyers buy your home directly from you so you can sell your house fast and avoid waiting around to find a buyer on the regular market.
- We offer flexible timeframes to suit you and on average, complete a sale within 30 days.
- Yes Homebuyers' quickest completed purchase was made in six days.
- We guarantee the price we will pay, unlike some buying platforms who reduce their offer shortly before completion.
- There are no fees or costs involved and we cover all legal fees involved.
- There are no contracts or tie-ins even if you accept an offer, and no viewings to take care of.
About Yes Homebuyers
We can purchase your home from you directly, giving you the easiest, fastest home sale possible.
Contact us for a free valuation and offer. We can buy your home in as little as 14 days.
Browse latest articles
Subscribe to get our team's latest insights & research instantly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
See all News, Press Coverage, Commentary & More
Let's get started
"Personal and efficient -
"the best way to sell a house"