Do I have to pay Stamp Duty on an Inherited Property?
You don’t pay Stamp Duty on a property you inherit when you inherit it. However, you might end up paying the higher stamp duty rates on your purchase of another house in the following circumstances:
- Where you own more than 50% of an inherited property; or
- Where you do not sell an inherited property within three years of inheritance.
If you have inherited a home and want to sell it quickly, we can offer you a simple, convenient and certain alternative to the often drawn-out process of selling with a local agent. Follow that link to learn more, and read on to learn more about Stamp Duty on inherited properties.
Related Articles:Sell My House Fast: Get a formal offer on your home in 24 hours
HOW WE CAN HELP
Selling your home to Yes Homebuyers
- We buy your home directly from you so you can sell your house fast and avoid waiting around to find a buyer on the regular market.
- You can get a "ballpark" offer from us within 5 minutes, a formal offer within 24 hours, and we can complete on the purchase of your home in as little as 2 weeks.
- Our quickest purchase was made within six days.
- We guarantee the price we will pay, unlike some buying platforms who reduce their offer shortly before completion.
- There are no fees or costs involved and we cover all legal fees involved.
- There are no contracts or tie-ins even if you accept an offer, and no viewings to take care of.
About Yes Homebuyers
We can purchase your home from you directly, giving you the easiest, fastest home sale possible.
Contact us for a free valuation and offer. We can buy your home in as little as 14 days.
Browse related articles >>
Browse latest articles
Subscribe to get our team's latest insights & research instantly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time.